Monday, May 12, 2014

James and the tall, tall mountain

Once upon a time there was a boy who we then called "Frank" (now "Rollin") who had a big little brother James. Daddy and Frank used to love to hike to "the ghost house" when James was too little to go all the way. So Daddy (me) would hold James' hand as he walked 4 little steps to one of mine.

Life happened and James is now 21, 6'3" and 210. Life happened and I'm almost 63. So, with few remaining chances left, James and I went out on a walk that was challenging to the edge of one of our abilities. But this time, it was my ability that was pushed to its limit as James and I climbed - for 2 1/2 hours - to get to the top of Table Top Mountain in Cape Town, South Africa. 

James and I are here to celebrate his 21st birthday. He wants to go cage diving with the Great White Sharks. Scheduled for tomorrow. Monday May 12th.

So on the 11th we climbed and climbed and climbed some more. At 2:15 I was completely gassed with :15 left to go. But I made it, then we ate and rode back down in the lift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment