Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Day 1 with Donna

Tuesday April 8, 2014

Donna has rested, I fixed a big breakfast, and we headed out together to explore Prague. I had discovered yesterday that "Old Town Square" and "Old Town" are in entirely different parts of the city. I had been to OTS on Sunday night. So a bit last night but all day today we explored the beautiful OT.  The 1st photo is if St Nicholas Cathedral where we bought tix for a JS Bach concert at 5p.  We then strolled [3 photos] to "Karlof Most" (Charles Bridge) over the Vtlata River, then back to the square in OT - as opposed to OTS (it would be confusing if everyone spoke the same language!) - to await the 4:30p opening for concert seating. I tried their famous chips on a stick - yum! [Photo]. I videoed some kids singing but this blog won't let me post videos. To "my" kids at Hasty & Canton, I'll figure something out!

The concert was great but the acoustics were just fair. Photos.

We walked back to the train as the sun set. [Photo]. 

Still having trouble finding a decent food market so googled. Tesco. On our tram line #22. Headed there. Someone parked their car on the tracks!  Photo. Got lots of groceries - at least $75 in USA for $37. Home. Sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment